ALMOND BUTTER BANANA BREAD
1 cup baking flour
¾ BTOF organic almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1/3 cup BTOF almond butter
½ cup honey
1 ½ to 2 mashed ripe banana (the riper, the better)
½ cup organic almond milk
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
Sugar in the raw (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and place baking sheet in oven.
2. Wipe 3 mini (5 ¾” x 3 ¾ “) or 9x5 inch loaf pan(s) with coconut oil or olive oil.
3.Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in large mixing bowl.
4. Combine almond butter and honey in small bowl and heat in microwave until melted (20-30 seconds); remove to cool slightly.
5. Mash bananas in medium sized bowl.
6. Add almond milk, egg, almond and vanilla extracts, and cooled almond butter-honey mixture to mashed bananas.
7. Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
8. Divide batter evenly among loaf pans; lightly sprinkle small amount of sugar (if you'd like) onto the top of each loaf along with chopped almonds. Press almonds lightly into batter with fingers.
9. Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, rotating pans half way through.
10. Test that they are done by sticking a toothpick in the middle of a loaf- if it comes out dry, they’re done!
11. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
Tastes best with a hot cup of coffee on a cool fall morning!
* You could also use this recipe to make muffins, just be sure to use muffin liners in the muffin pan and ONLY BAKE FOR 15 MINUTES!
A healthier twist on an old favorite.
This recipe will give you the delicious taste of banana bread without any sugar and with lots of delicious almond ingredients!