NOURISHING ALMOND ZUCCHINI BREAD
(Makes 1 loaf)
1 cup BTOF natural almond meal
1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 organic eggs, beaten
1/4 cup organic greek yogurt (plain or vanilla), at room temperature
1/4 cup raw honey
1/8 cup molasses
1/4 cup organic butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup organic zucchini, unpeeled and grated
1/2 cup BTOF roasted diced almonds (optional)
*Substitute whole wheat flour with more almond meal to make this recipe gluten-free.
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan with either butter or coconut oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk your eggs. Then mix in butter, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
4. Using an electric mixer on the lowest setting, add in the honey and molasses. (The warmer these are, the easier they will be to incorporate).
5. Lastly, add your grated zucchini to the wet mixture and stir.
6. Now it's time to add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients! It's easiest if you use the electric mixer for this part. Once that is all combined, add in your diced almonds, if you are using them.
7. Pour batter (after you sample it of course) into your greased loaf pan.
8. Bake at 325F for 30-45 minutes, checking intermittently to see if a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let sit for at least an hour before you cut. This part is hard, but the bread will still be really mushy if you try to cut it right away!
10. Enjoy with some butter or coconut oil slathered on top, or just on its own! Be sure to save some to share with a friend!
11. This recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 loaves.
A super moist and filling zucchini bread. Summer is time for beautiful, big squash, and when you have an abundance in your garden, why not throw some into loaves for a delicious breakfast or healthy dessert?
Scroll down to the bottom for recipe.