SUPER SEED COCONUT + ALMOND CEREAL
(makes large amount - half the recipe if you don't want/need that much)
3 cups organic rolled oats
1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup BTOF organic sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 cup organic dried cranberries (or other dried fruit of your choice)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/3 cup organic coconut oil
2/3 cup organic raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 275' F.
2. Pour all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. In a pyrex or other heat safe measuring cup, add wet ingredients together.
4. Place cup in a pot of simmering water, while stirring, until all wet ingredients have melted & mixed well together.
5. Drizzle the liquid mixture over your dry ingredients and mix together well! (You can sample it here!)
6. After everything is fully combined, pour granola onto a large baking sheet.
7. Place into the heated oven for 35-45 minutes, until golden and slightly crispy. Every 10-15 minutes mix the granola around on the pan so it cooks evenly.
8. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
9. Transfer to an air-tight container (after you eat some), where it should last a few weeks if kept in a cool, dry place.
We love cereal....but unfortunately there's too many out there that are just full of sugars, preservatives, and other unnatural ingredients that really won't get your day started the right way. By making your own cereal, you know exactly what's in it and aren't being fooled by healthy looking packaging that may contain a product with an excess of sugar, preservatives and processed ingredients! Plus it's a lot of fun- easy enough for the kids to help with too! The seeds & nuts in this recipe are packed full of proteins and healthy fats that will fill you up and give you energy for the day ahead!
Why your body will love what's in this:
+ pumpkin seeds have free-radical fighting antioxidants, and contain zinc which is essential to a healthy immune system
+ all these seeds also contain many essential fatty acids, including Omegas 3 & 6
+ full of hearth healthy ingredients, including almonds
+ coconut flakes and oil are full of good fats and help prevent high cholesterol & high blood pressure
+ oats are always a delicious and healthy food, high in fiber and great for regulating digestion, keeping you "full" and boosting your immune system