VANILLA ALMOND MILK
Why purchase almond milk from the store when you can easily make your own? Making almond milk at home is not only simple but fun and rewarding! You'll know the ingredients that go into it and can be proud when enjoying a delicious cold glass.
(makes 3 cups)
2 cups BTOF organic whole natural almonds, soaked for 12 hours
2.5 cups water
4 pitted Medjool dates
1 whole bean, chopped (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch fine grain sea salt
* Cheese cloth or nut milk bag
1. Rinse and drain the soaked almonds.
2. Add almonds, water, dates, and vanilla bean (or extract) to a blender.
3. Blend on highest speed for 60 seconds.
4. Pour almond mixture into a cheese cloth or nut milk bag over a large bowl.
5. Gently squeeze the bottom of the cloth/bag to release the milk.
6. Rinse the blender and then pour the milk back in.
7. Add cinnamon and pinch of sea salt.
8. Blend on low to combine, then pour through cloth or bag again.
9. Store in glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
* Photo and recipe from cavegirlinthecity.com