ALMOND PESTO PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
(makes 4 servings)
1/2 cup BTOF sliced organic almonds
1 clove organic garlic
1 handful organic basil leaves, about 1 cup packed
3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pints organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pound organic whole wheat pasta, long or short
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet and fry almonds until just pale golden, about 1 minute. Set aside, keeping skillet on hand.
2. Begin to cook pasta according to package in salted boiling water.
3. Drop garlic into food processor to finely chop. Then add almonds, basil, water, and 1/3 cup oil and puree. Pulse in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet and cook cherry tomatoes until juicy, about 2 minutes. Stir in almond pesto and season to taste.
5. Toss sauce and tomatoes with cooked and drained pasta. Enjoy!