VEGETARIAN ALMOND MEAL PASTA FRESCA
This quick and delicious vegetarian recipe can be served warm or chilled and has plenty of room for your own creative touch! Substitute your own favorite veggies and seasonings. Full of heart healthy nutrients and protein without meat!
(makes 4-6 servings)
1 cup BTOF almond meal
1 box whole grain pasta of choice (I used rotini)
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used 1/2 of two different peppers to add more color)
1/4 white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
2 tbsp olive oil + 1/4 cup
fresh or dried herbs for seasoning (I used basil, oregano and thyme)
1 tsp+ 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
2 tsp+ 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
3. Sautee garlic and onions until they're transparent and smell strong!
4. Add in bell peppers or other veggies of choice (mushrooms, green beans, asparagus - whatever your heart desires)
5. Season with salt, pepper, and italian seasonings of your choice
6. Once veggies are cooked (soft), add in your spinach and turn down heat to low. Cook spinach for a couple minutes or until just wilted and flavored.
7. When pasta is done cooking and drained, transfer to large bowl.
8. Add in 1/4 cup olive oil and stir (or enough to flavor all of the pasta)
9. Add in almond meal and salt and pepper to taste, along with more herb seasonings.
10. Now add in veggies from skillet and stir everything together!
11. Serve with fresh peppermint water or a glass of white wine and enjoy!
12. If you want to try this cold, simply skip the sautee'ing, and just mix raw veggies with cooked pasta, olive oil and seasonings.